Welcome to the ‘Chios Half Marathon 2017’, taking place at the island of mastic gum, one of the most interesting islands in the Aegean sea.
A Half Marathon, 10.500m, 5K and 1500m run for children.
Chios, the fifth largest of the Greek islands, situated in the Aegean Sea.
The ‘Chios Half Marathon 2017’ will take place on Sunday, 27th of August 2017.
Because runners will enjoy the most beautiful route - the enchanting Campos. Campos is a unique residential complex, harmoniously combining the excellent natural landscape with particularly local architectural features. Place full of citrus orchards, interspersed with old mansions only 6 km to the south of Chios town. Campos has been declared "historic site" and "traditional settlement", protected from the Ministry of Culture.
Contact us and we will make you an unbeatable offer to suit your needs and preferences.
We offer several options varying from short weekend breaks in Chios including your entry to the race, to a full vacation plan in Chios and the surrounding area!
Moreover, we can offer you training plans, actual training in the streets and routes of Chios and of course we will run with you!
For more information and detail please call: +30 6978 524 433
Or email: info[@]runningreece.com
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Sunday, 27th of August 2017Event Schedule
: Start Time: 08:30 a.m.Distances
Half Marathon (21.100 m), 10.500m, 5K and 1500m run for children.Entry Fee
Your participation to the race is paid and secured by RunninGreece.The participation includes the following benefits
- Electronic timer (official time and place)
- Participation diploma
- Commemorative Medal for participation
- Commemorative t-shirt
- Hat (Jockey type)Deadline registration
Registration is open until Friday,18th of August 2017, or until a specific number of applications is reached. Participation can be obtained via online registration.Route
All races start and finish at the City Hall of Thymiana. The athletes run through traditional settlements Thimiana - Fragovouni – Thimiana through the streets of Campos, one of the most beautiful areas of Chios, a unique residential complex, harmoniously combining the excellent natural landscape with particularly local architectural features. The athletes finish in front of the Town Hall of Thymiana after two rounds 10500m each.
In every kilometer of the Half Marathon route there will be mileage indication.
Race completion time limit: The time limit for finishing the race is three hours (expires at 11:30a.m.).Electronic timing and results
: Electronic timing will be timed by a timing company. For this reason, the runners must wear the timing chip they will receive together with the number of participation from the registration centre.
Attention: Your time will not be registered and will not be included in the results if you do not have the timing chip placed on your shoe and not pass over the timing mats.Health Coverage
In any case all runners participate solely at their own risk. The organizers have no responsibility for whatever happens to the runners related to health issues or is due to lack of preventive medical check. It is highly recommended that the participants undergo a thorough medical examination before entering the race. The organizers will not ask for medical certificates from any athlete (male and female), since they all participate at their own exclusive risk and responsibility (children are at the liability of their parents or guardians). We will also provide offers for special health checkup for all runners, and members of their families.Electronic Timing
All participants will be timed by a timing company using an electronic timing system. For this reason, the runners must wear the timing chip they will receive from the registration center together with the participation number. Attention: Your time will not be registered and will not be included in the results if you do not have the timing chip attached to your shoe and not pass over the timing mats.Aid Stations
Along the route of the Half Marathon and the race of 10.5 km will be stations to support the runners. At the start and finish stations and at the support stations of the runners bottled water will be available to all attendees. For the participants in the Half Marathon sports drinks will also be available at the start and finish stations.Awards
Medal and diploma are awarded to each of the first three winners of the general classification Men and Women. To the first athlete (in Men and in Women categories) a cup will also be awarded. To all the runners who will finish the race a commemorative medal and a diploma of participation will be given.
Simple Running Offer:
from €20 » BOOK NOW
The Simple offer is addressed to those who wish to come and stay in Chios on their own. This offer is ideal for those who want to experience Chios the “running way”, and get the most out of their visit in Chios. We have selected the ideal locations for you, and we will suggest you the ideal vacation plan.It includes:
• BIB number
• Timing Chip
• Commemorative Medal for participation
• Technical running t-shirt
• all the transportation to/from the starting line and your hotel in Chios (where needed)
• your registration to the race and all the logistics of the race entry
• special RunninGreece starting pack
• safe keeping of your belonging during the race
• many more like: tips and advice for the specific race, training schedule depending on your personal targets
The Simple offer is addressed to those who wish to come and stay in Chios on their own. It includes all the logistics of the race entry, transportation to and from the starting line, tips and advice for the specific race, training schedule depending on your personal targets and safe keeping of your belonging during the race. If you really want to feel like a champion, we are here to support you!Running Offer #1:
from €75 per night per person » BOOK NOW
This offer is ideal for those who want to experience Chios the “running way”, and get the most out of their visit in Chios. We have selected the ideal locations for you, and we will suggest you the ideal vacation plan. It includes:
- Hotel accommodation in Chios Chandris Hotel or equivalent hotel for one
- The registration and all the logistics of the race entry
- Special RunninGreece starting pack
- Technical t-shirt
- Commemorative diploma for participation
- Transportation to and from the starting line (where needed)
- Tips and advice for the specific race
- Training schedule depending on your personal targets
- Safe keeping of clothing and personal belongings during the race.
It starts from €75 per person (runner or not) for a two days/one-night accommodation in Chios Chandris Hotel. If you wish to stay longer, you may add as many nights as you want for an additional €60 per night per person.
- The above (2days/1night) offer is per person, double occupancy
- Single supplement: €125Special Running Offer
» Get a Custom Quote
Please tell us all your requirements and preferences, how many days you want to spend in Chios, what other places you wish to visit and we will come back with a tailor-made offer specific for you! We can add trainings, running tours, car/bike rental, excursions, family activities and many more. In any case our offer will include the hotel arrangements, transportation to and from your hotel, participation to the race and all the logistics of the race entry, transportation to and from the starting line, tips and advice for the specific race, training schedule depending on your personal targets, safe keeping of your belonging during the race and suggested vacation plan for all the days that you will be in Chios.Group Running Offer
» Get a Custom Quote
If you are a group of people, please tell us all your requirements, how many of you are running, what you like and what you do not like and we will come back with a tailor-made offer specific for you and your company! We can add trainings, running tours, car/bike rental, excursions, family activities and many more. In any case our offer will include the hotel arrangements, transportation to and from your hotel, participation to the race and all the logistics of the race entry, transportation to and from the starting line, tips and advice for the specific race, training schedule depending on your personal targets, safe keeping of your belonging during the race and suggested vacation plan for all the days that you will be in Chios.
Chios is one of the greatest and most unique Greek islands, is situated in the East Aegean Sea and it ranks as the 5th largest in Greece and the 10th in the Mediterranean Sea. It is just a few miles away from the Asia Minor coast and it is located between the Greek islands of Samos, Ikaria and Mytilene.
The island has a temperate Mediterranean climate with mild winters and mostly dry summers. It is exposed to north and northeast winds and ranks third in terms of sunshine among the Greek islands.
The local products are plenty but the production of mastiha and its products stand out and so do citrus fruits, especially the mandarins. A big variety of fruits in syrup, ouzo and wine fascinates whoever tastes them and the beneficial properties of the local olive oil accompanies healthy Mediterranean dishes.
Visiting Chios you should definitely see:
- Castle of Chios: Wander around the streets of the castle see and historic attractions. Relax in the central square.
- Nea Moni: One of UNESCO's world heritage monuments of religious, historical, archeological and architectural value.
- Pyrgi and Mesta: The traditional designing activity of "xysta" and the well-preserved medieval castle-village.
- Emporios and Mavra Volia: The picturesque harbor of Emporios and the lovely beach characterized by its volcanic in origin pebbles.
- Kampos: Walk around the narrow streets, vast gardens and magnificent mansions of Kampos.
- Anavatos: A true monument of medieval defensive architecture, perched on a steep cliff.
- The Caverns: The small though magnificent cavern of Olympi and the cave of Agio Galas with the Chapel of Virgin Mary standing at the entrance.
- The west side beaches: Pick a beach on the west side of the island, for a swim and pure relaxation under the sun. They're all lonely and lovely.
- Avgonima and Sidirounta: Stroll around the cobbled streets and the stone houses. Enjoy delicious food and spectacular sunsets.
- Lagada and Pantoukios: Take pleasure in an afternoon walk along the picturesque coves. Enjoy delicious appetizers, the local summer drink called "ouzo" and the sea.
- Kardamila and Marmaro: Visit the sailors' home and the picturesque port of Marmaro.
- Volissos and Limnia: Visit the village and castle of Volissos and swim at the crystalline beaches.
Last but not least you should visit one of the 90 beaches. Organized and crowded or even totally deserted, others in clearly visible places and others hidden and protected by distant small bays surrounded by pine trees, giving the possibility of a different trip even every day of summer. Idyllic scenery with crystal clear waters, beaches with sand, lava or multicolored pebbles. They all are one of a kind and give a unique touch to the landscape.
Except of running you can also enjoying sailing, hiking, diving, cycling and many other activities that we can organize for you.